Welcome to Shawnee County Amateur Baseball Association!
2020 SCABA Season Update
Given the current recommendations and policies issued by the CDC, Presidential Coronavirus Task Force, State of Kansas, and Shawnee County Health Department, Shawnee County Parks and Recreation has made the decision to suspend all practices and games utilizing its facilities until May 11. Therefore, the following course-of-action has been approved by SCABA:
1) Move from a 14-game to a 10-game league schedule.
2) Individual teams have until noon on Monday, March 30, to determine if they will play the 2020 SCABA season. Teams that opt-out will receive a full refund.
3) Teams that choose to play the season will receive a partial refund according to the prorated league fees.
4) Practices may begin on SCPR property on Monday, May 11.
5) League play will begin on Monday, May 18.
This will push league games into mid-July, and possibly later. If the season is pushed back any further than a May 18 start date, the SCABA Board will reassess this situation given the details at that time.
Stay safe and healthy.
(Updated March 17 at 1:17 PM CDT)
3025 SE Croco Rd
Topeka, KS 66605
Shawnee County Parks & Recreation
801 NE Poplar
Topeka, KS 66616
Phone: (785) 251-2970
Fax (785) 246-0804