2016 SCABA 6U INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE INFO & RULES
Fees are $85 per player. Teams or Individuals accepted. We will try and place a minimum of 11 kids on a team.
Each team will receive:
- 12 games.
- 6- Rif (Reduced Injury Factor) baseballs.
- Team t-shirts with team name and number on the back.
- Participation medals at the end of the year.
- Each coach will pitch to their own team.
- No walks and no strikeouts allowed.
- Batter will be allowed 4 pitches to put the ball in play.
- If 4th pitch is fouled off, 1 more pitch will be allowed.
- If ball is still not put in play, the tee will be set out.
- Batter will be allowed 2 swings
- On the second attempt, the ball goes foul, the batter is out.
- The ball must travel 10 feet (coaches discretion) from home plate in fair territory.
- No stealing will be allowed.
- Every team member present must be included in the batting order the entire game. Kids arriving late are to be added to the end of the batting order.
- Each player must play at least 2 innings in the field on defense.
- Half the roster will bat each inning. This will keep the game going and players will get more at bats.
- Player/pitcher cannot be in front of the coach/Pitcher until the pitch is released.
- Only 10 defensive players allowed on the field. 6 infielders and 4 outfielders.
- No bases on overthrow.
- Time limit is an hour and 15 minutes. Home team must bat last within that time limit.
- Batting Helmets must be worn by the batter, on deck batter and all base runners.
- Catcher must have at least face mask(having a catcher is optional).
- Rescheduling games are the coach’s responsibility. Both teams have to agreeon a date and time. Then contact SCPR and reschedule the game. Use quick scores to find dates that are open.
- Players must be 4 by May 1 of the current year.
- Teams can play with a minimum of 8 players.
- Teams must abide by the Sportsmanship Emphasis which you can get from the SCABA website or quick scores.
- Bases are set at 50 feet. Pitchers pitch from around 30 feet.