General Tryout Information:
- Player ages are determined by their age as of May 1. For the Fall 2019-Summer 2020 sports year players are considered the age they are on May 1, 2020.
- Tryouts may not be held on SCABA fields prior to August 1, 2019
- To reserve a field, contact SCPR (contacts at bottom of the page) – the web manager cannot reserve fields. Only after you have fields reserved can you email the web manager to have your posting listed.
- This site is for teams playing SCABA league only – please do not send posting information for other types of teams. Thank you!
- If you’d like your team or player information added to this page please Fill out the form at https://forms.gle/twGUYEmUxTQGZYhr6
- 7U Kansas Crush. Will play 1-2 summer tournaments and SCABA League. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: contact for details. Contact: Trevor Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-213-6963)
- 9U A – Hawks. Will play 1-2 fall tournaments, 2-3 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. tryouts: Friday, August 23rd 6:00 p.m. Bettis Field: Pee Wee #1. Looking for: 8 players. Tryout registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-0jcInwYzfehtjeNjnzQk2cxzi5y0pxUhnfivI7RrVU/edit?usp=drive_open&fbclid=IwAR3fTWZiOdZPCpGZvtpw7a4ZfGsie026fxNdYZyeEVb3jdC_KaLBsNW3JgY Contact: Stephanie Green (email@example.com or 785-221-0828)
- 12u – AA – Topeka Bulls. Will play 6-8 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: private only – please contact to schedule. Looking for: 2-3 players. Contact: Allan Cooper / Shawn Menke (firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-8800 / 554-4553)
- 12 U – AA – Tigers. Will play 2-3 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Call 913-940-3889 Coach Phillips for scheduled tryout. Looking for: looking for 2 players with infield & or pitching exp. Contact: Lindsey Phillips email@example.com or 913-940-3889
- 12u – AA – Topeka Marlins. Will play 5-6 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: please call or email to set up. Looking for: 2 players. Contact: Todd (785-431-6878 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 13U AA – Rossville Dawgs. Will play 7-8 summer tournaments. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Call for details. Looking for: 4-5 players. pitchers preferred. Contact: Terry Horak (email@example.com or 785-250-7135)
- 13U A – Topeka Legends. Will play 7-8 summer tournaments and SCABA League. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Please contact for individual tryout, Contact: Michael Phillips (785-221-9157 or firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 13U Top City Predators looking for a player for upcoming season. Will play league at Scaba and 7 to 8 tournaments this summer. Contact Jeremy Mason 785-633-1640 or WormMas80@yahoo.com.
- 14U AA – Topeka Storm. Will play 1 fall tournament and possibly fall league, 4-5 summer tournaments and SCABA League. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Contact for private tryouts. Looking for: 2-3 players. Contact: Dave Everhart (email@example.com or 785-633-7454)
- 15U AA – Topeka Dodgers. Will play 3-4 fall tournaments and TBD Summer tournaments. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Call or text for private tryouts. Contact: April (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-806-2176)
- 15U AA – Blue Sox. Will play 4-5 summer tournaments. Tryouts: call for 1 on 1. looking for additional player/pitcher for summer 2020. Looking for: 1-2 players. Contact: Art Oczko (email@example.com or 785-817-5663)
- 16U AAA – Topeka Shockers. Will play 2 fall tournaments and 6 summer tournaments. Tryouts: contact. Contact: Matt Wurtz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-845-2359). Info: As of 8/17 we are still looking for a couple players for the fall and next season. Catcher is the position that we are looking for most, but pitchers and players that are strong at other positions will definitely be considered. If you are interested please contact Matt Wurtz at 845-2359 to setup a tryout.
- Age as of May 2020: 7. 2019-2020 Grade: 1st. Contact: Jeff Ogle (email@example.com or 785-213-1537). Experience with all positions. Additional info: played 6U baseball the last 3 years with good hitting and fielding skills.
- Age as of May 2020: 7. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Ben Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-231-7210). Just finished 3rd year of TBall and has played every position. Strong hitter, very coachable and willing to play any position.
- Age as of May 2020: 7. 2019-2020 Grade: 1st. Contact: Christopher Schulz (cschulz@email@example.com or 785-554-7417) Info: Son is 6, will be going into Kindergarten, has done 6U for 2 years, looking to move up to play with players of his same skill level.
- Age as of May 2020: 8. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Leon Hiatt (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-218-3129). Interested in: All positions. Additional Info: High batting average
- Age as of May 2020: 8. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Randy Kibbee (email@example.com or 785-438-8005). Has experience with all positions. Additional info: Has previously played up an age group on AA team for the past 2 years and is looking to play with his own age group. Extremely coachable and hard working. High batting average. Dad is willing to help with practices.
- Age as of May 2020: 8. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Brittany Burt (785-383-1542 or Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org). Well rounded player, has played for 4 years. Solid hitter. Like to play 3rd, shortstop, catching and pitching. Has been taking pitching and hitting lessons at SBA since October and will continue till end of March or longer. He is very coachable and hardworking kid.
- Age as of May 2020: 9. 2019-2020 grade: 3rd. Contact: Bree Crawford (785-418-3324 or Kount2010@gmail.com). Experience with catching and 3rd base for the last 2 years. Has played for another team but trying to find a new one. He is able to play any position. Thanks!
- Age as of May 2020: 11. 2019-2020 grade: 5th. Contact: Kerri Shaik (email@example.com or 785-215-2234). Catcher/infield
- Age as of May 2020: 12. 2019-2020 grade: 7th. Contact: Wade (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-764-8926). Pitcher, 2nd, 3rd, SS, Outfield
- Age as of May 2020: 13. 2019-2020 grade: 7th. Contact: Danielle (7856084300 or email@example.com ) Pitcher, 1st, 3rd
- Age as of May 2020: 13. 2019-2020 grade: 7th. Contact: Josh (785-231-4743) Pitcher, 1st, 3rd, outfield
Welcome to Shawnee County Amateur Baseball Association!
2020 SCABA Season Update
Given the current recommendations and policies issued by the CDC, Presidential Coronavirus Task Force, State of Kansas, and Shawnee County Health Department, Shawnee County Parks and Recreation has made the decision to suspend all practices and games utilizing its facilities until May 11. Therefore, the following course-of-action has been approved by SCABA:
1) Move from a 14-game to a 10-game league schedule.
2) Individual teams have until noon on Monday, March 30, to determine if they will play the 2020 SCABA season. Teams that opt-out will receive a full refund.
3) Teams that choose to play the season will receive a partial refund according to the prorated league fees.
4) Practices may begin on SCPR property on Monday, May 11.
5) League play will begin on Monday, May 18.
This will push league games into mid-July, and possibly later. If the season is pushed back any further than a May 18 start date, the SCABA Board will reassess this situation given the details at that time.
Stay safe and healthy.
(Updated March 17 at 1:17 PM CDT)
3025 SE Croco Rd
Topeka, KS 66605
Shawnee County Parks & Recreation
801 NE Poplar
Topeka, KS 66616
Phone: (785) 251-2970
Fax (785) 246-0804