General Tryout Information:
- Player ages are determined by their age as of May 1. For the Fall 2019-Summer 2020 sports year players are considered the age they are on May 1, 2020.
- Tryouts may not be held on SCABA fields prior to August 1, 2019
- To reserve a field, contact SCPR (contacts at bottom of the page) – the web manager cannot reserve fields. Only after you have fields reserved can you email the web manager to have your posting listed.
- This site is for teams playing SCABA league only – please do not send posting information for other types of teams. Thank you!
- If you’d like your team or player information added to this page please Fill out the form at https://forms.gle/twGUYEmUxTQGZYhr6
- 7U Kansas Crush. Will play 1-2 summer tournaments and SCABA League. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: contact for details. Contact: Trevor Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-213-6963)
- 7U Topeka Raptors. Contact: Darren Rottinghaus (email@example.com or 785-336-1591). No fall tournaments, 0 or 1 summer tournament and will play SCABA League. No tryouts – just contact the coach. Looking for 5-6 year olds ready to move up and play 7u for 2 years.
- 9U A – Hawks. Will play 1-2 fall tournaments, 2-3 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. tryouts: Friday, August 23rd 6:00 p.m. Bettis Field: Pee Wee #1. Looking for: 8 players. Tryout registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-0jcInwYzfehtjeNjnzQk2cxzi5y0pxUhnfivI7RrVU/edit?usp=drive_open&fbclid=IwAR3fTWZiOdZPCpGZvtpw7a4ZfGsie026fxNdYZyeEVb3jdC_KaLBsNW3JgY Contact: Stephanie Green (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-221-0828)
- 12u – AA – Topeka Bulls. Will play 6-8 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: private only – please contact to schedule. Looking for: 2-3 players. Contact: Allan Cooper / Shawn Menke (email@example.com or 806-8800 / 554-4553)
- 12 U – AA – Tigers. Will play 2-3 summer tournaments and SCABA league. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Call 913-940-3889 Coach Phillips for scheduled tryout. Looking for: looking for 2 players with infield & or pitching exp. Contact: Lindsey Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-940-3889
- 13U AA – Rossville Dawgs. Will play 7-8 summer tournaments. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Call for details. Looking for: 4-5 players. pitchers preferred. Contact: Terry Horak (email@example.com or 785-250-7135)
- 13U A – Topeka Legends. Will play 7-8 summer tournaments and SCABA League. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: As needed. Looking for: 1-2 Pitcher & Catchers Needed, Contact: Michael Phillips (785-221-9157 or Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 14U AA – Topeka Storm. Will play 1 fall tournament and possibly fall league, 4-5 summer tournaments and SCABA League. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Contact for private tryouts. Looking for: 2-3 players. Contact: Dave Everhart (email@example.com or 785-633-7454)
- 15U AA – Topeka Dodgers. Will play 3-4 fall tournaments and TBD Summer tournaments. Will have winter practices. Tryouts: Call or text for private tryouts. Contact: April (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-806-2176)
- 15U AA – Blue Sox. Will play 4-5 summer tournaments. Tryouts: call for 1 on 1. looking for additional player/pitcher for summer 2020. Looking for: 1-2 players. Contact: Art Oczko (email@example.com or 785-817-5663)
- 16U AAA – Topeka Shockers. Will play 2 fall tournaments and 6 summer tournaments. Tryouts: contact. Contact: Matt Wurtz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-845-2359). Info: As of 8/17 we are still looking for a couple players for the fall and next season. Catcher is the position that we are looking for most, but pitchers and players that are strong at other positions will definitely be considered. If you are interested please contact Matt Wurtz at 845-2359 to setup a tryout.
- Age as of May 2020: 7. 2019-2020 Grade: 1st. Contact: Jeff Ogle (email@example.com or 785-213-1537). Experience with all positions. Additional info: played 6U baseball the last 3 years with good hitting and fielding skills.
- Age as of May 2020: 7. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Ben Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-231-7210). Just finished 3rd year of TBall and has played every position. Strong hitter, very coachable and willing to play any position.
- Age as of May 2020: 7. 2019-2020 Grade: 1st. Contact: Christopher Schulz (cschulz@email@example.com or 785-554-7417) Info: Son is 6, will be going into Kindergarten, has done 6U for 2 years, looking to move up to play with players of his same skill level.
- Age as of May 2020: 8. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Leon Hiatt (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-218-3129). Interested in: All positions. Additional Info: High batting average
- Age as of May 2020: 8. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Randy Kibbee (email@example.com or 785-438-8005). Has experience with all positions. Additional info: Has previously played up an age group on AA team for the past 2 years and is looking to play with his own age group. Extremely coachable and hard working. High batting average. Dad is willing to help with practices.
- Age as of May 2020: 8. 2019-2020 grade: 2nd. Contact: Brittany Burt (785-383-1542 or Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org). Well rounded player, has played for 4 years. Solid hitter. Like to play 3rd, shortstop, catching and pitching. Has been taking pitching and hitting lessons at SBA since October and will continue till end of March or longer. He is very coachable and hardworking kid.
- Age as of May 2020: 11. 2019-2020 grade: 5th. Contact: Kerri Shaik (email@example.com or 785-215-2234). Catcher/infield
- Age as of May 2020: 12. 2019-2020 grade: 7th. Contact: Danielle (7856084300 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Pitcher, 1st base, 3rd base.
13U New Bat Rules
Effective January 1st 2020, all 13U events and all teams in 13u events must use a maximum drop 8 (-8) bat with the official USSSA 1.15 BPF Mark permanently stamped. All 14u events and all teams in the 14u event must use a maximum drop 5 (-5) bat with the official USSSA 1.15 BPF Mark Permanently stamped.
Rule 7.01.C Penalty: (First Offense) –If the Umpire discovers that a bat does not conform to USSSA Rule 7.01.C until a time during or after which the bat has been used in play, it shall not be grounds for declaring the batter out and/or ejection from the game. If the Umpire discovers that a bat has been used to put a ball in play and before the next legal pitch, the defensive team shall have the choice of the result of play or the batter being called out and all runners returning to the base occupied at the time of the pitch. (Second Offense)–If a team is found in violation of this rule a second time, then the manager shall be ejected in addition to the First Offense penalty.
3025 SE Croco Rd
Topeka, KS 66605
Shawnee County Parks & Recreation
801 NE Poplar
Topeka, KS 66616
Phone: (785) 251-2970
Fax (785) 246-0804